Search This Blog

Thursday 12 November 2015

Thursday Quotables #14: Dream of You



Welcome to Thursday Quotables! This feature is the place where you highlight a great quote, line or passage you've discovered in a book you're currently reading. Whether it's something heart-warming, heart-breaking, funny or inspiring, Thursday Quotables is where my favourite line(s) of the week will be, and I invite you to join in! It's hosted by Lisa at BookShelf Fantasies, so be sure to check her out :)

I've only just started the book I'm reading, so I'm going to post a quote from a novella I recently finished, called Dream of You by Jennifer L Armentrout. It's a novella set in between her Wait For You series - in between Fall With Me and Forever With You. It's a lovely, steamy romance between Abby, an unapologetic bookworm and Colton, a tough as nails cop. As usual, Jen wrote a wonderful romance that I devoured.

23795188

I'm going to start with a quote about Abby's love of books:

"I love books,' I say simply. 'There's nothing more powerful than the written word. It can transfer you to a place that exists right now that you'll never get to visit or it can take you to a world that doesn't. It can show you things you'll never experience otherwise in your life, and books... most importantly, they can take you out of your own world, and sometimes you need that."

I love finding quotes about why one loves reading as they always speak to me on a very personal level. This one is no exception.

And a great quote about happily ever afters:

"I like to believe - I need to believe - that happily ever after exists in real life too."

Sometimes it feels like life in books will never happen in real life. We'll never go on an amazing adventure, and fairy tales never come true. But, like Abby, I need to believe that they exist.  

Have you read this book? What quotes grasped your heartstrings this week? Let me know in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. I too love quotes on books and reading. And somewhere deep within,many of us hope for a happily ever after,don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love quotes on books and reading. And somewhere deep within,many of us hope for a happily ever after,don't we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! Without hope, what do we have to believe that a happily ever after will happen? Thanks a lot :)

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x